Re: mutt/2019: menu_context itches (Re: your mail)

* Tue Aug  9 2005 Brendan Cully <brendan@xxxxxxxxxx>
> On Wednesday, 10 August 2005 at 13:08, TAKAHASHI Tamotsu wrote:
> > I attach #2 of your suggestion; only the bug-fix.
> > Please review it. Thanks in advance.
> > (And sorry, I haven't tested this patch.)
>
> My main concern is with $menu_context="0", $menu_move_off="no" (the
> mutt I grew up with). <first-entry><last-entry> no longer produces the
> same screen as <first-entry><next-page><next-page>... until the last
> page. I'd like it to.

Thanks for testing. But I'm not sure I understand the problem.
Alain, could you tell me precisely what to do, or could you
convince Brendan? I think you understand this problem well,
at least better than I. ;)

Perhaps the problem is around here:

+      /* need to move the cursor? */
+      if ((DIRECTION *
+          (tmp = (menu->current -
+                  (menu->top + (neg ? (menu->pagelen - 1) - c : c))
+         ))) < 0)
+       menu->current -= tmp;

These lines mean,

0) if the previous position of the indicator (menu->current) was
already within the new screen range (the top is menu->top, the
bottom is menu->top+menu->pagelen-1), the indicator doesn't need
to move,

1) else, move the indicator to the top (when PageDown is pressed)
or the bottom (PageUp) of the screen.

Hmm, maybe Brendan wants to change #1 to
        "else, menu->current += jumplen"
???

But old mutt also used to move the indicator to the top/bottom,
didn't it? Well, I have to build old mutt to see how mutt used
to do. Hmmm...

--
tamo