Re: mutt: Improve const correctness

On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 02:31:05PM +0200, SF Markus Elfring wrote:

> suggest a correction. The rationale for the modifier ordering can be found
> in the article "Const Correctness Part 4" by Darren Collins.

Reading the article, his 'rationale' is (a) "I prefer it" and (b) "if you
read everything right to left, it makes sense".

Where it falls down is that (a) is a personal preference, and (b) most
people read left to right.

So there doesn't really seem to be any particular reason to use that form,
especially when everyone is much more familiar with const int foo; as an
expression.

--
Paul