imap/2024: SASL2 support broke between yesterday morning (Aug 2, 2005) and now

>Number:         2024
>Notify-List:
>Category:       imap
>Synopsis:       SASL2 support broke between yesterday morning (Aug 2, 2005)
>and now
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       normal
When I run mutt, it attempts to connect to my IMAP server via SSL. Ordinarily
(and previously), it would connect, negotiate the SSL, and presto: I'd see my
inbox. Today, after updating my CVS copy, it now complains that the SASL
negotiation failed. Oddly, if I then, without quitting, tell it to open
imaps://user@myserver/INBOX it opens without a problem. If it helps, my server
uses a self-signed certificate.
>How-To-Repeat:
Update to CVS HEAD, connect to an IMAP server via SSL with a self-signed
certificate.
>Fix:
Unknown