Re: compose.c,v 3.23

On 2005-08-03 07:35:16 -0700, Brendan Cully wrote:

> I guess my argument is that toggle-unlink is intuitively like the
> difference between save-message and copy-message: first you move
> the attachment somewhere else, then you unlink it. In normal
> usage (when you send or postpone the message), mutt behaves
> non-destructively. Having it actually destroy something that
> can't be recreated, with no warning, seems a little less
> intuitive.

I don't think I get your point here.  In normal usage mutt behaves
"non-destructively" precisely because you don't use toggle-unlink.

If you use toggle-unlink, you basically tell the program that this
particular file is temporary, and not worth anything except in the
context of a message.  From that point of view, it makes perfectly
sense to delete it if it's removed from the list of attachments.

--
Thomas Roessler · Personal soap box at <http://log.does-not-exist.org/>.