mutt/1087: mutt/1087: mutt should hide folder-internal messages

The following reply was made to PR mutt/1087; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Brendan Cully <brendan@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: bug-any@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Mutt Developers <mutt-dev@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: mutt/1087: mutt should hide folder-internal messages
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 08:12:26 -0700

 On Tuesday, 02 August 2005 at 10:35, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
 >  well, it's pretty common that mailboxes are accessible both locally
 >  (possibly via nfs) and via pop/imap. sure one can just use imap locally,
 >  but that sounds like wasting resources.
 >  given how common uw-imap is in such setups, i think an exception would
 >  be acceptable.
 >
 >  hmm, i remember having discussed this already ... maybe in a second
 >  report ...

 Strange, you did have another message in this report - a set of other
 much more complicated conditions mutt would have to satisfy to avoid
 disrupting UW's internal state. I don't know what happened to them. I
 suppose I must have accidentally killed them.

 At any rate, I disagree. It's not like UW's internal format is a
 standard. It's changed before and may again, and in that case having
 mutt fiddle with it in ignorance is likely to cause heartache for mutt
 and UW. Feel free to link your copy of mutt to c-client :)