Re: Beginner in C

On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 04:43:20PM +0200, Jonas Jacobsson wrote:

> I am a beginner in C and want as an excercise
> to a patch for mutt. Do you think that's doable?

While all patches are welcome, and it's good that you want to contribute, if
you're a beginner you would probably be much better off starting with a
larger project - they tend to have much more set up to help people starting
to develop, in the way of documentation, IRC channels, lists etc.

The GNOME project is probably a good one, or KDE if you want to learn C++.

If you really do want to contribute to mutt, though, I'd suggest just
picking something which is annoying you at the moment. It gives you a good
incentive to fix it. ;-)

--
Paul