Re: Messages not recognized as flagged

On Monday, 06 June 2005 at 16:47, Bob Bell wrote:
> I have mutt configured so that flagged messages (~F) show up colored
> red, in order to draw my attention.  I also have procmail configured to
> flag certain messages on the way in.  The problem I'm seeing is that
> until the messages are read for the first time, the pattern doesn't
> trigger, and the messages are colored normally.
>
> I'm currently running mutt 1.5.8 on Gentoo, reading my message via my
> local IMAP server.  I am also using the header cache.  IIRC, this worked
> fine when I was downloading all my mail and saving them in Maildir
> format.
>
> AFAICT, the ~F pattern is executing by testing the ->flagged attribute.
> Perhaps this attribute is not being set until the message is read and
> the "X-Flag: F" header is processed?
>
> Is this something that can't work over IMAP?  Should work and needs to
> be fixed?  Is someone else more knowledgeable able to take a look, or
> should I dive into this myself?

There's probably more than one way to fix this. IMAP has native
support for flagged messages, but I'm not sure how you'd get procmail
to set this for the server. It might just be a matter of finding the
right header name.

Or you can continue to use X-Flag, if you add that field into
$imap_headers. That's a little less IMAPy, but it's simpler and it'll
probably work.