vim/signature help

Hello,

I use vim as my $EDITOR, and I have the format-flowed message setup working nicely (with fo+=aw and text_flowed="yes"). But my signature lines all have a space at the end of them. Normally this isn't a problem, but occasionally, the cursor will get down there (because of a stray mouseclick or something) and vim will decide that that needs to be wrapped --- because obviously, it's a line that ends in a space.

The only solution I've come up with so far is to hack the mutt source to make it insert "--" rather than "-- " to separate signatures... but I know that isn't correct according to the RFC.

Does anyone have a good way to handle this?

Thanks,
~Kyle
--
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.
-- Unknown