Re: pattern case sensitivity

On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 10:48:52AM -0500, Kyle Wheeler wrote:
> Is there an easy way to make the regular expressions in patterns not
> case sensitive? They're usually used for email addresses that aren't
> case sensitive...

FWIW, IIRC, e-mail addresses are not required to be treated as case
insensitive.  How to interpret what comes on the left-hand side of the
'@' is the purview of the individual e-mail system, which can decide
if it is case-sensitive or not (again, IIRC).  I'm not specifically
aware of any mail systems which treat th LHS as case sensitive, but I
feel as though I've heard of mail systems which do.  Having only used
sendmail for years, the rest have escaped my attention...

-=-=-=-=-