Re: For 1.5.10: cursor patch

On 29Mar2005 18:37, S?bastien Hinderer <Sebastien.Hinderer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
| > Less distracting probably - putting a block cursor on top of text that
| > has to be read makes it generally less visible.  (Or does this patch
| > ensure that the cursor is for example on a blank just to the left of
| > the text?)
|
| No, the patch simply puts the cursor at the very beginning of the
| selected line. One could certainly insert a space in index_format, if
| this improves readability, but it's true that it might not be a good idea
| to bother all the users with this.
| But is this really a problem ?

Well, speaking as one who values every char on his index line I'd not
want to have to hack a leading space. I agree that the patch does a
very useful thing for blind users and is very simple. Perhaps make the
behaviour switchable?
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Reality is that which refuses to go away when I stop believing in it.
- Phillip K. Dick