Re: For 1.5.10: cursor patch

--0-383179138-1112108762=:40564

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005, Brendan Cully wrote:

On Tuesday, 29 March 2005 at 04:05, Sébastien Hinderer wrote:
Dear mutt developers,

The included patch puts the cursor at the beginning of the selected line
in mutt menus, even when the arrow_cursor variable is unset, making it
easier for blind persons to follow these menus.
In mutt, when the arrow_cursor variable is unset, the cursor is put at
the end of menu lines for the moment. Consequently, the end of the line
is displayed on the braille display, whereas the interesting information
is generally located at the beginning of the line.

This patch seems completely reasonable to me. I suppose there was a
reason why the cursor was put at the end, but I don't know what it
was (maybe to make it less distracting?), and it isn't consistent
with arrow_cursor anyway.

Less distracting probably - putting a block cursor on top of text that
has to be read makes it generally less visible.  (Or does this patch
ensure that the cursor is for example on a blank just to the left of
the text?)

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net