Display bug in the index with arrow_cursor

When arrow_cursor is set, the corresponding 2 characters for
the non-selected messages have the default background (here,
black). I assume that this is expected. Now, if I select a
message for which the background color (in the index) is not
the default one, and select another message, the arrow cursor
is replaced by two spaces with the background of the message.
This is wrong. The default background should have been used
instead.

The third character also sometimes get the background of the
message, but this is not always reproducible.