Re: For 1.5.10: cursor patch

Dear Brendan, cear all,

> This patch seems completely reasonable to me. I suppose there was a
> reason why the cursor was put at the end, but I don't know what it
> was (maybe to make it less distracting?),

Well, since the cursor is _not_ visible for someone looking the screen,
I imagine its position does not matter so much.

> That said, I don't know that the interesting information needs to be
> on the left. For example, I find the message subject to be
> interesting, and that's on the right with my index_format string.

Of course, the notion of "interesting" information depends on the user,
and the precise way he/she wants information to be displayed is also
highly influenced by the size of the braille display and personal
tastes.

However, my guess is that a cursor at the beginning of lines will be
more suitable for a majority of blind users, since it implies to go
forward to see the rest of the information on this line, whereas one
would have to read backward with a cursor at the end of line, which is
less natural.

Cheers,
Sébastien.