Re: 1.5.8 build failure on Solaris 8

On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 06:10:13PM +0100, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:

> but not that the right function will be called. what was the problem we
> started from? sizeof(off_t) != sizeof(int) (e.g., #define

No, the problem was the pre-processor changing the 'open' element of a
struct to read 'open64'. Which, as Aaron's pointed out, it's perfectly free
to do.

All we want (if the elements weren't renamed) is to stop the preprocessor
renaming our elements. So I don't see any need to do the additional define.

However, I think it's probably a much better idea to do the renaming of the
structures and just get it out of the way, rather than trying workarounds
which look ugly and feels fragile.

--
Paul