Re: 1.5.8 build failure on Solaris 8

On Friday, 18 February 2005 at 09:06, Brendan Cully wrote:

> > > I guess that's probably the best approach.
> >
> >  It looks like it's only happening with open. Judging by <fcntl.h> (which I
> >  think is the culprit), creat is the other candidate.
>
> Ok. But just for symmetry, all the CONNECTION function pointers
> should probably get mangled the same way. I suppose just putting
> 'conn_' in front of their names should work.

After looking through the code a bit, it looks like mutt_sasl.c ought
to suffer a similar problem. Also I noticed that DB_ENV (DB4's
handle, used by hcache.c) defines a function pointer named 'open' as
well. Since that's supposed to work on solaris 8, there must be a
preprocessor trick.

I don't suppose you could dig a little further into exactly what's
causing 'open' to get rewritten?