Re: 1.5.7 BUG: character set in traditional PGP

On 2005-02-11 02:50:34 +0100, Matthias Andree wrote:

> Pragmatic solution: Take my patch and extend it so it extracts
> the Charset: and retries its argument (rather than body_charset)
> whenever the GnuPG output isn't UTF-8...

> GnuPG may not want to implement conversions (it needn't,
> according to RFC-2440), but how about other implementations?

I don't particularly like the idea that mutt goes deeper and deeper
into the meaning of what tidbits of information PGP ASCII armor has
available.  But then again, we already decipher dash-encoded
cleartext signatures.

Basically, I think that this should be GPG's job. My preferred
approach would be to tell gpg to convert things to UTF-8, and be
done with that.

Werner, how about including that as a command line option? Shouldn't
be so difficult.
--
Thomas Roessler · Personal soap box at <http://log.does-not-exist.org/>.