Re: Bug in PLAIN auth over SSL with sasl

* Thomas Glanzmann <sithglan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [Jan 11. 2005 16:56]:
> Hello,
>
> > It just hangs when using an imap server providing AUTHENTICATE PLAIN
> > over SSL.
>
> this doesn't sound like a SASL problem, but to imap header cache problem
> which was reported and fixed[1] a while ago. The problem is that, Domino
> doesn't talk properly IMAP and the header cache code doesn't had an
> error check in which it should have had in. This results in an endless
> loop even if hcache isn't active.

Well, it also happens with 1.4.1 as soon as we switched from sasl1 to 2.
Compiling mutt without -use-sasl2 then it works fine on the same
servers.

1.5.6 with hcache works fine also without this switch.

> For details see the thread about 'IMAP problems' on mutt-dev.
>
> > It happens with cyrus-sasl 2.1.19 and 1.5.6 and was reported when
> > connecting to Domino 6.5.3 HF 218 and Domino 6.5.1 HF 561 imap servers.
>
> I also remeber that there were some SASL patches *after* mutt-1.5.6
> commitet to the CVS.

Might be.

--
Mads Martin Joergensen, http://mmj.dk
"Why make things difficult, when it is possible to make them cryptic