Re: Bug in PLAIN auth over SSL with sasl

Hello,

> It just hangs when using an imap server providing AUTHENTICATE PLAIN
> over SSL.

this doesn't sound like a SASL problem, but to imap header cache problem
which was reported and fixed[1] a while ago. The problem is that, Domino
doesn't talk properly IMAP and the header cache code doesn't had an
error check in which it should have had in. This results in an endless
loop even if hcache isn't active.

For details see the thread about 'IMAP problems' on mutt-dev.

> It happens with cyrus-sasl 2.1.19 and 1.5.6 and was reported when
> connecting to Domino 6.5.3 HF 218 and Domino 6.5.1 HF 561 imap servers.

I also remeber that there were some SASL patches *after* mutt-1.5.6
commitet to the CVS.

Sincerely,
        Thomas

[1]