Re: IMAP problems

Hello Brendan,

> It is trying to fetch 17 to 2234 because the server has said that
> there are suddenly 2234 messages in INBOX. The * EXISTS response
> always talks about the currently selected mailbox. The STATUS
> response is tagged and appears below that line:
> * STATUS dprepair (RECENT 0)

Now, I understand. Thanks for the clarification.

> This STATUS message is issued as part of the buffy check because
> +dprepair is listed in the mailboxes command.

- == server; + == mutt

+ a0005 STATUS "dprepair" (RECENT)
- * 2222 EXISTS
- * 0 RECENT
- * STATUS dprepair (RECENT 0)
- a0005 OK STATUS completed
+ a0006 FETCH 15:2222 (UID FLAGS)
- a0006 NO FETCH Entry not found in index

So I guess that an *untagged* 0 RECENT also tells us about the currently
selected mailbox, doesn't it?

> This server is horribly confused. Look at its response to mutt's CLOSE
> command. It doesn't look like a mutt bug from this transcript.

:-)

I guess that. Hoever thanks to your clarification I copied & pasted some
more of your code (the error checking to be precise) and now also the
imap hcache is also able to talk to such a broken server. :-)

However someone should talk to Lotus and send them a copy of the imap
rfc. :-)

Honestly,
        Thomas