Re: IMAP problems

On Thursday, 25 November 2004 at 13:39, Thomas Glanzmann wrote:
> Hello together (especially Brendan),
> I don't understand the following behaviour. And I have not a clue what
> is going wrong. So hopefully someone will enlighten me. I am using
> mutt CVS HEAD with an lotus notes IMAP Server.
>       set spoolfile=+INBOX
>       mailboxes ! +dprepair
> mutt retrieves the headers of the 17 mails in the inbox, stats the
> dprepair mailbox. And tries to fetch
>
> > a0006 FETCH 17:2234 (...)
>               ~~ -> Note that 16 is the last eMail of the INBOX.
>
> 17 - 2234, but forgets about 'SELECTING' 'dprepair'. I don't have the
> slightest clue what is going on.
>
> my precise questions are:
>
>       - Obviously mutt tries to stat dprepair for new messages, I
>         think and forgets to SELECT the mailbox before statting. But
>         why retrieves it ALL the std headers. And why does it have a
>         partial or complete state of the INBOX (like msgbegin seems to
>         be 17?)

It is trying to fetch 17 to 2234 because the server has said that
there are suddenly 2234 messages in INBOX. The * EXISTS response
always talks about the currently selected mailbox. The STATUS
response is tagged and appears below that line:
* STATUS dprepair (RECENT 0)

This STATUS message is issued as part of the buffy check because
+dprepair is listed in the mailboxes command.

This server is horribly confused. Look at its response to mutt's
CLOSE command. It doesn't look like a mutt bug from this transcript.