Re: Problems changing folder to inbox with Courier 0.46

On Thu, 02 Sep 2004, Pete Toscano wrote:
> On Wed, 01 Sep 2004, TAKAHASHI Tamotsu wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 10:29:09AM -0400, Matt Larson wrote:
> > > The issue is my Courier server doesn't like the period after INBOX.  I
> >
> > Perhaps this patch might help you though I haven't tested this.
>
> The patch below seems to work nicely for me, at least with the two
> Courier IMAP servers I'm using.  Maybe, since Sam mentioned in the
> Courier IMAP list that allowing any reference to "IMAP." is a mistake,
> this might be incorporated in HEAD, maybe wrapped with an autoconf
> "--enable-courier-workarounds"... Just a suggestion....

The patch is working great for me, too--thank you, Takahashi-san!

I would second Pete's request that this patch be included in CVS HEAD.
Courier Sam is under the opinion that a trailing dot after the mailbox
name in a SELECT command is illegal.  Based on an admittedly quick
reading of RFC 3510, I tend to agree with him: the trailing dot has
significance for other IMAP commands (such as CREATE), but is not
specifically mentioned in the context of SELECT.

Is there any reason mutt adds the trailing dot in the SELECT command?
If not, I propose that the patch be adopted to change this behavior.

Matt