Re: Redirect the error message of the server

Israel Tena <itena@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Hello,
>
> I send mails with the next command:
>
> #mutt -x -i /tmp/mail -e 'my_hdr Reply-To: dir@xxxxx <dir@xxxxx>'
> -s'Prueba' pepe@xxxxxx < .
>
> and the "reply to" of the mail is "dir@xxxxx".
>
> I would like that when the direction of which send the mail is incorrect,
> to be able to indicate the answer direction of which send the error message
> that send the server.
>
> It is possible?

I think I understand the question. It's a somewhat unusual way of
doing relative clauses in English, and it probably helps to know that
"dirección" is Spanish for "address".

It should have been sent to mutt-users instead of mutt-dev.

If you use -e 'set envelope_from=yes' then mutt will try to set the
envelope sender the same as the From address. Alternatively, you could
use -e 'set sendmail="/usr/sbin/sendmail -oem -oi -f what@ever"'.