Re: mutt/gpg social attack

On 2004-08-23 10:32:34 +0200, René Clerc wrote:
> * Peter J. Holzer <hjp+mutt@xxxxxxxxx> [23-08-2004 10:17]:
>
> > What is annoying is when gpg decides it is time to check the trustdb
> > or when it wants to download an unknown key and the keyserver is
> > slow to respond - that can take a minute or more.
>
> Then fix your gpg settings :)

Well, I want gpg to get unknown keys from the key server, so I can't
"fix" that. It might be possible to move them to the background, but I'd
have to look into that (I think gpg locks the database while it tries to
download the key, so simply starting that in the background may not be a
good idea).

The automatic trustdb checks can be disabled, though.

        hp

PS: Another possibility would of course be to clean up my key ring -
question is, how do I determine which keys are unused?

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer      | Shooting the users in the foot is bad.
|_|_) | Sysadmin WSR / LUGA  | Giving them a gun isn't.
__/   | http://www.hjp.at/   |     mozilla bug #84128