Re: Why isn't it part of mutt "proper"

> 'Why isn't it part of mutt "proper"?'

I second the question.

I suppose I should hunt around for these things and learn more about
'em, I hadn't known about this patch.

It's _AWESOME_!

A couple of wee-teensy wibbles: my build didn't end up getting the
updates to the docs in manual.txt; and the docs on your web page
don't quite match the names of the variables, but a strings on the
binary | grep cache straightened that out.

Wow this is great. Takes about a half-second to open a Maildir w/
1,151 messages in it. Used to take rather longer:-).

One question: the page size tuning (header_cache_pagesize according
to strings on my binary, maildir_cache_page_size in the docs on your
web page) I've left default, and I don't have a db_dump on my system
to check with. I presume that'd be an option if I used Berkeley DB,
which I don't, don't even have it installed, and don't intend to.
Any way to check whatever this is with gdbm? Or any guidelines,
however rude, to the tuning tradeoff involved?

Thanks,

-Bennett