Re: Problem with extracing attachments from S/MIME mails

Hello,

* Mads Laursen <dossen+mutt@xxxxxxxxxxx> [2004-08-16 16:18]:
> On 16/08/04 15.08, Bernhard Walle wrote:
> >
> > there's a big problem with S/MIME encrypted mails created with
> > Microsoft Outlook Express that contains attachment: the attachment
> > cannot be extraced!
> >
> > The pager shows correcty
> >
> > [-- Die folgenden Daten sind S/MIME signiert --]
> > [-- Anhang #1 --]
> > [-- Typ: multipart/alternative, Kodierung: 7bit, Größe: 0,6K --]
> >
> > test
> > [-- Anhang #2: startcygwin.bat --]
> > [-- Typ: application/octet-stream, Kodierung: 7bit, Größe: 0,1K --]
> >
> > but in the attachment menu (`v'), there's only a file smime.p7m.
>
> In the attachment menu, does pressing 'v' (default binding for
> collapse in this menu, if I'm not mistaken) change anything. I seem to
> recall that only the top level of the attachment tree is expanded by
> default. And the top level of an encrypted message is the encrypted
> payload. Inside it should be one or more MIME parts.

No. It seems to be a Outlook Express-specific issue. It works if I
send a encrypted mail with Mutt or Netscape.

But the strange thing is that the attachmend is displayed in the pager
properly as shown above.

Regards,
Bernhard