Re: Problem with extracing attachments from S/MIME mails

On 16/08/04 15.08, Bernhard Walle wrote:
> Hello,
>
> there's a big problem with S/MIME encrypted mails created with
> Microsoft Outlook Express that contains attachment: the attachment
> cannot be extraced!
>
> The pager shows correcty
>
> [-- Die folgenden Daten sind S/MIME signiert --]
> [-- Anhang #1 --]
> [-- Typ: multipart/alternative, Kodierung: 7bit, Größe: 0,6K --]
>
> test
> [-- Anhang #2: startcygwin.bat --]
> [-- Typ: application/octet-stream, Kodierung: 7bit, Größe: 0,1K --]
>
> but in the attachment menu (`v'), there's only a file smime.p7m.

In the attachment menu, does pressing 'v' (default binding for
collapse in this menu, if I'm not mistaken) change anything. I seem to
recall that only the top level of the attachment tree is expanded by
default. And the top level of an encrypted message is the encrypted
payload. Inside it should be one or more MIME parts.

/dossen