RE: Security issue / bad UI design in mutt CVS (encryption options)

> 2. It might be worth including a comment about /why/ two
> shortcuts are allowed for the clear function.  Assuming this
> is desireable behavior (which seems quite reasonable to me),
> it may help prevent it getting wiped out in the future.

Really it should be documented that this is deprecated and will be removed
in an unspecified future release, both in user-acccesible documentation and
the source.  If you don't deprecate this sort of stuff, you end up with an
ever-growing mess in which eventually every option has half a dozen ways in
which to invoke it, which is no better for UI usability than it is for code
maintenance.

--
Gary R. Van Sickle