Re: Security issue / bad UI design in mutt CVS (encryption options)

On 2004-08-07 05:12:34 +0200, Adeodato Simó wrote:

>   well, that's a separate issue. the specific issue we are
>   talking about, and for which there seems to be some agreement
>   (among the ones who talked, though) is just the toggleness of
>   the crypt options.

I guess I'm basically convinced.  Also, S/MIME and PGP key menus
should certainly behave the same way.

One frequently heared criticism of the old behavior concerned the
fact that it takes two key presses to come from "both" to "sign
only" or to "encrypt only." What do you guys think -- should the
"encrypt" option disable signing, and should "sign" disable
encryption, with "both" (or "encrypt" followed by "sign as") being
the only way to get both security functions?

--
Thomas Roessler · Personal soap box at <http://log.does-not-exist.org/>.