limit by personal reply feature

hey all,

I was wondering if mutt had a limit to 'personal reply' feature...

By that I mean I want to see all messages and threads that I either replied to,
or
initiated, bound to a key like ~N is bound to new messages and ~O is bound to
old.

Does this feature exist? If not, how easy would this be to implement? ( I - and
certainly
others - would use this feature all the time )

Thanks much,

Ed

(
    ps - another thing - are there programmable ~ keys? in other words, I'd
like to map ~P
    to messages matching pattern 1 or 2 or 3 or 4... that way, I can keep track
of certain
    users without having to remember all their names..
)