email-list

Dear mutt-developpers,

when creating a list-alias with a number of destination addresses, all
recipients will appear in the to: field. This is not always desired.

If not, a listmanager could do the job much better. But, in todays
list-managers, for public and automatized use, there is a mandatory
interaction with the destination user, to confirm the list entry,
which is not useful, if it is in fact a private list.

This demonstrates, that there is need for an additional mail-user-agent
functionality: send the same mail-message x-times, to each recipient in
a list (=file) with 1 destination address at a time (or to an alias name
without expanding the full list into the to-field).

Actionally, I tried to solve this problem with the following command
line:
for i in `cat liste`; do mail -s "Rundschreiben" $i <ciao; done

I would prefer to work with my usual programm (mutt), but a similar
line:
for i in `cat liste`; do mutt -i text -s "Serienbrief" $i; done
does not work, requires 2 manual carriage returns, one ZZ and do not
allow to enter the y for sending. I have no idea, where my test mails
ended up.

Perhaps, my problem has been solved ? or will be?

Thanks in advance
Winfried Böttcher

Winfried & Nicole BOETTCHER
81, av. Clair Ginet, F-83140 Six Fours les Plages
Tel. +33 4 94 07 01 89
e-mail: boettcher.winfried@xxxxxx