Re: [Patch] ";<Esc>t" : tag full threads

[Assuming you don't want a Cc; please set up a MFT header]

Re: Martin Trautmann in <20040213155248.GE19145@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> An auto-tag <Esc>t would behave different than the ordinary <Esc>t. But it
> would behave correct, wouldn't it?

With $auto_tag, <esc>t behaves as ;<esc>t was pressed. This means you
can't tag threads any more once any other message is tagged; you have to
tag a message in the thread first (t) and then press <esc>t. This is
ugly.

I'm beginning to think that makeing $auto_tag a special case in your
patch really makes sense. (Though I don't know how easy it is to tell
$auto_tag from <tag-prefix>.)

> > Have you looked at the threadcomplete [1] patch? It achieves a similar
> > thing, but much more flexible.
> >
> > [1] http://www.rachinsky.de/nicolas/mutt.html
>
> I don't know this yet - it's a different approach. Apart from being yet
> another option '~a', it's even more complicated to understand !~a for me. I
> guess I just did not have any nead for the later one, while the first one
> (extending tags of partially tagged threads) is a daily business to me.

I guess you really don't need !~a (I don't). If completing threads is
important for you, make it a macro:

macro index ,a <tag-pattern>~a<enter>

Christoph
--