Re: [Patch] ";<Esc>t" : tag full threads

Re: Martin Trautmann in <20040211161231.GB14648@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> This patch will extend the operation of tag-thread to all threads which do
> contain tagged messages. This is very helpful when you tag e.g. parts
> of certain threads via any tag-pattern and want to include all other
> messages of this thread.

Though your patch works fine in principle, it breaks tagging if you use
$auto_tag. With the option set, <esc>t no longer works the way it used
to.

One could imagine that you could check for $auto_tag in your patch, but
this would make the semantics of tagging very complex, so I wouldn't
recommend this.

Have you looked at the threadcomplete [1] patch? It achieves a similar
thing, but much more flexible.

[1] http://www.rachinsky.de/nicolas/mutt.html

Christoph
--