Re: Workaround for PGP send.c bug introduced between 1.5.3 and 1.5.5.1

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 11:57:58 -0600, Will Fiveash said:

> I think there are a number of bugs related to this.  Try configuring
> mutt (1.5.5.1) with --disable-smime and then compile.  Didn't work for
> me as there are unresolved smime related symbols (see my previous

I recall that I once tested those configure option but obvioulsy I
didn't found a problem.  Given that you only found the problem now and
not months ago when my patch was applied, is does not look like an
option in widespread use.

> e-mail).  I think if mutt developers are going to modify mutt features
> they need to test configuring mutt both with and without those features.

and than we'd need to check a myriad of other option combination too.

Anyway, the changes have the advantage that the dependencies between
S/MIME and OpenPGP and no crypto code at all, are now much simpler
than they used to be. This will help in the future to keep the code
more stable.

  Werner

--
Werner Koch                                      <wk@xxxxxxxxx>