Re: Workaround for PGP send.c bug introduced between 1.5.3 and 1.5.5.1

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 09:17:43 -0500, Rudy Taraschi said:

> In version 1.5.5.1, this has been changed to:

> ||  if ((WithCrypto & APPLICATION_PGP) && !(flags & SENDKEY))
> ||    safe_fclose (&tempfp);

> These two code stanzas do *NOT* behave the same way when mutt is
> compiled with --disable-pgp and --disable-smime (which I do).  I'm

Oops.  This was my fault.  Please change it to

  if ((WithCrypto & APPLICATION_PGP)) {
    if (!(flags & SENDKEY))
     safe_fclose (&tempfp);
  }
  else
     safe_fclose (&tempfp);

> There are many more cases where "#ifdef HAVE_PGP" has been replaced
> by "if ((WithCrypto & APPLICATION_PGP) &&" in send.c, and I don't
> know if any of them are causing me problems like the one I quoted.

Given that this code is now in Mutt for quite some time, there is some
chance that are not too many bugs of this kind.

The reason for all these changes is to better separate the crypto code
from basic mutt code and thus allow to change the implementation of
the crypto code without touching other mutt code.

  Werner

--
Werner Koch                                      <wk@xxxxxxxxx>
The GnuPG Experts                                http://g10code.com