Re: maildir header cache patch

Michael,

On 2003-12-16 at 21:37 -0800, Michael Elkins wrote:
> Can anyone who did any work on extending my maildir header cache patch
> please forward any patches/comments to me?

It is great to hear you are planning to update your patch.
I was planning to do that myself but have not started yet due to lack of
spare time. :(

> Also, if you had problems with the previous patch, a summary would be
> nice.  I'm planning on updating it.

The biggest problem I had with the patch for 1.5.3i (the version I am
still using) is that it breaks X-Label: field. Let me elaborate:
I have a .qmail file which inserts X-Label: field in FreeBSD CVS commit
messages. I then use this X-Label: in my $index_format.
When I first visit a folder, X-Label: fields are displayed properly for
all *new* messages, but as soon as I change folder and then return to
the original folder, X-Label: field is empty for all messages. I guess
it's not saved to the cache or something, though I haven't investigate
the issue further.

Thanks for this great patch. I have Maildirs with 3000-5000 messages in
each on average, and opening these folders is so painfully slow without
your patch.

Sergei