Re: Feature Request/Bug Report: Force forget PGP passwords

On Mon, Dec 08 2003 at 05:36:54AM BRST, Robert Schiele
<robert.schiele@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 07, 2003 at 10:31:29PM -0800, Eric Anderson wrote:
> > The subject line pretty much says it.  As noted in bugs 787, 1025 and
> > 1164, Mutt remembers incorrect PGP passwords up to the timeout value. It
> > would be really nice either to correct that, or be able to manually
> > purge the password.  As it stands, if I mistype my password, I can't
> > use PGP without either quitting and restarting or waiting for the
> > timeout.
> >
> > Personally, I'd lobby for adding a force forget feature even if those
> > bugs are resolved, just for the security benefit.
>
> Try Ctrl+f.

        Though the problem is not as bad as Eric thought, it'd still
make sense for mutt to automatically forget the password once it proves to
be incorrect. Perhaps this behaviour could at least be bound to a variable.

                rbp
--
 Rodrigo Bernardo Pimentel                         <rbp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
 http://isnomore.net                          GPG KeyId: <0x0DB14978>

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.