Re: error for regex tag pattern "*"

On Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 11:44:47AM -0500, Dan Kappus
<danka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey folks, I have a persistent annoyance with mutt because if
I shift-t and try to use a pattern to tag things, and then use * as
the pattern, mutt will consistently dump core.

When I do this, I get the error message:
"?*+ not preceded by valid expression."

Mutt 1.0.1us (2000-01-18)

Wow, do you realize that this is really old?  Please upgrade!

System: UNIX_SV 4.2MP
Compile options:
-USE_IMAP -USE_POP +HAVE_REGCOMP -USE_GNU_REGEX +HAVE_COLOR

You appear to be using your system's regular expression library.  You
have likely hit either a bug in an early version of mutt (if so, please
upgrade), or it's a bug in Unixware's regular expression library.

--
Bob Bell <bbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>