Re: aclocal.m4 generation (for mutt 1.5.4i)

On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 12:47:45PM -0400, Allister MacLeod wrote:
>     I'd like to ask how the aclocal.m4 file gets generated for the
> distribution package of Mutt 1.5.4i.  I found some files with extra
> macros in mutt-1.5.4/m4, but I cannot find how to actually use them.
> I tried 'aclocal -I ./m4' in the source directory, but still did not
> see CF_CHECK_FUNCDECLS in the resulting aclocal.m4.  I looked for a
> while at the mutt-dev archive, but couldn't find anything directly
> relevant.  (the posts about detecting ncurses were quite interesting,
> though)

Ok, I feel foolish now..  The configure.in that I was using had the
part with CF_CHECK_FUNCDECLS commented out, and used AC_CHECK_FUNCS
instead.  *sheepish grin*

Anyway, it does sort of seem like everyone has their own "right way"
of doing things when it comes to autoconf/automake.  Is there written
anywhere a mutt policy about versions and styles?  For that matter,
where could I find a document describing mutt C coding style, if it
exists?

Cheers,
 Allister

--