Re: IMAP Permissions Problem

On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 04:39:58PM -0700, Nathan Saper (nathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
wrote:
> I'm having difficulty using Mutt with certain IMAP servers.  It appears that
> the IMAP servers I'm trying to communicate with have their /var/mail
> permissions set incorrectly, and the IMAP daemon is communicating this error
> to Mutt.  That's all well and good, but then Mutt communicates this error to
> the user, pausing the program for several seconds in the process.  This
> isn't a fatal bug, but as I connect to several IMAP servers it's quite a
> nuisance.  Here's the relevant output of mutt -d2:
>
> Mutt 1.4.1i started at Fri Oct 10 16:23:27 2003

I don't know why my log message didn't appear in my previous message; does
the mailing list software block it?

Anyway, I found by commenting out the following lines (376-383) from
imap/command.c, I could remove the problem:

else if (option (OPTIMAPSERVERNOISE) && (ascii_strncasecmp ("NO", s, 2) == 0))
{
  dprint (2, (debugfile, "Handling untagged NO\n"));

  /* Display the warning message from the server */
  // Comment out this line: mutt_error ("%s", s+3);
  // And this line: mutt_sleep (2);
}

What is the risk of making this change?

-Nathan