[IP] BBC: BT transforms phone network

Begin forwarded message:

From: bobr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: June 10, 2004 2:34:47 PM EDT
To: dave@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: BBC: BT transforms phone network

Dave

For IP if you desire.

As I recall, yours is a name on the VoIP Patent.  Congratulations!

[ to clarify, my name appears on a set of patents that "The Caritas Technologies patent portfolio cover the interface and equipment providing the connection of calls between the conventional public switched telephone network and packet-switched networks such as the Internet." djf]

 * BT transforms phone network *
BT is to rebuild its phone network using internet protocols, allowing customers
to get instant broadband access.
Full story:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/-/1/hi/technology/3791319.stm

--

Cordially,
--

“An informed public is the most potent of all restraints upon misgovernment.” U. S. Supreme Court, Grosjean vs. American Press Co., 297 U.S. 233, 250 (1936)

I yearn for the day when eternal vigilance doesn't have to be quite so bloody
vigilant!

"Eternal Vigilance" is supposed to mean citizens watching their Governments,
not the other way around....