[IP] more on letter from Jon Postel

        From:     touch@xxxxxxx
        Subject:        Re: [IP] [spam] letter from Jon Postel
        Date:   June 10, 2004 12:40:48 PM EDT
        To:       dave@xxxxxxxxxx

Dave,

FYI, Jon's email is still valid and maintained here at ISI for a number of reasons. Receiving email from his address - i.e., non-spam - is not uncommon. We still receive requests directed to his address as indicated in many Internet documents, as well as others (most recently to clarify the IPv6 ethertype field).

I and others at ISI handle these requests, which might otherwise be difficult for users to redirect on their own.

Getting mail from Jon doesn't necessarily mean something's amiss (unless of course it's spam). And checking that email addresses are valid won't filter out email from his address either.

Joe

Begin forwarded message: