Re: [At-Large] Network Solutions Under Large Scale DDoS Attack

The issue here is that a successful attack against the .com servers would
take out most of the internet since the technical infrastructure is so
heavily dependent on the the .com zone.  Any dummy should understand that.

We know. Fortunately VRSN is a lot more technically sophisticated than Netsol, and I would be quite surprised if anyone managed to DDoS them successfully.

I know some of the people who run the DNS servers, and they have a variety of tricks up their sleeve that make them a lot more resilient than you might think. No, I can't tell you what they are.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl@xxxxxxxx, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://www.johnlevine.com, ex-Mayor
"More Wiener schnitzel, please", said Tom, revealingly.