Re: [ga] VeriSign sues ICANN --- time for ICANN to reassign the registry?

Michael and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

  That is a very good idea and has been in the past strongly suggested.
Given the shanagins of the RIR's of late, it would seem appropriate.

Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law wrote:

> While we're at it, let's have an open tender for the IANA function.
>
> On Thu, 26 Feb 2004, George Kirikos wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > See the lawsuit info at:
> >
> > http://biz.yahoo.com/djus/040226/1629001168_1.html
> > http://news.com.com/2100-1038-5165982.html
> >
> > among other venues. Is it time for ICANN to finally end its
> > relationship with VeriSign? I'd like to see a tender on the front of
> > ICANN's website tomorrow, for applications to run the .com/net
> > registry. Application fee = $0. Have the applications posted for all to
> > see. Make VeriSign serve us, not the other way around.
> >
> > Sincerely,
> >
> > George Kirikos
> > http://www.kirikos.com/
> >

> --
> http://www.icannwatch.org   Personal Blog: http://www.discourse.net
> A. Michael Froomkin   |    Professor of Law    |   froomkin@xxxxxx
> U. Miami School of Law, P.O. Box 248087, Coral Gables, FL 33124 USA
> +1 (305) 284-4285  |  +1 (305) 284-6506 (fax)  |  http://www.law.tm
>                          -->It's warm here.<--

Regards,

--