Re: [ga] HEY VERISIGN - A DASH IS A VALID NAME IN A FQDN INCLUDING IN THE HOSTNAME OF A NAME SERVER

John and all former DNSO GA members or other stakeholders/users,

John Palmer wrote:

> To the idiots at Verisign:
>
> Please FIX your broken software that manages .COM and .NET -
>
> A HOSTNAME CAN HAVE A DASH IN IT - YOU UNDERSTAND?????

  I can see your very irritated and excited.  Why is that John???

> Every time I try to change the name servers for one of our .COM and .NET
> domains,
> your braindead software rejects the name server because it has a dash in the
> host name.

  Works fine for many of not all of our members...  You sure your doing
the change your stating here correctly?

> Another reason (to go along with the SiteFinder stupidity)
> why you should be stripped of all registry responsibilities.

  Now this is a legitimate gripe.  However, remember ICANN made
a "Deal" with Versign, and it was a poor one.  Hence leaving Verisign
latitude the perhaps they should not have...

Regards,

--
Jeffrey A. Williams
    Pierre Abelard