From: "Ira P. Rothken" <ira@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "'Declan McCullagh'" <declan@xxxxxxxx>, <politech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Verisign and SiteFinder
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 19:38:04 -0800

Declan,

We decided to add ICANN and the United States Department of Commerce to
our Federal Case in Northern California (Syncalot v. Verisign) involving

the legality of Verisign's SiteFinder service. We added the above
additional parties in an effort to have a more complete record and a
full and fair adjudication of the issues. We are seeking to enjoin the
SiteFinder service and declare it illegal. Here is a link to the First
Amended Complaint which alleges, amongst other things, that Verisign
breached its agreements and violated the law when it attempted to use
control of the domain name root server to "break the Internet" and
monetize domain name properties it did not own.

www.techfirm.com/verisignfac.pdf

Ira P. Rothken
Rothken Law Firm
www.techfirm.com