Re: At-Large European Meeting

Thanks for your comments and suggestions, Thomas.

The draft text is intended to help the group begin an MOU discussion (some individuals asked for an example of a memorandum of understanding). Addressing criteria and process for designating At-Large Structures and selecting ALAC members would be useful.

Regards,
Denise
michel@xxxxxxxxx

Thomas Roessler wrote:
On 2005-07-09 05:52:05 -0700, ICANN At-Large wrote:

Below is the working agenda for the meeting, along with draft MOU
text to help launch a discussion of establishing a European
Regional At-Large Organiztion (EURALO).  You are welcome to offer
additions and changes to the agenda.

Thanks for distributing these.

Working Agenda

?       Welcome, Introductions

I would like to add an agenda item on expectations at precisely this
point: What do the people in the room expect to get out of the
meeting?

?       European "At-Large Structure" groups:
        o       Your organization's objectives and priorities
        o       ICANN issues/activities of interest to your members
        o       How can these interests be best supported?

?       Forming a Europe Regional At-Large Organization (EURALO)
o Process and background (see <http://www.alac.icann.org/framework.htm>)
        o       Draft MOU discussion (see attached)

I would respectfully suggest that we don't go down the way of
word-smithing a particular legal text tomorrow -- the meeting will
be too short for that, anyway, and the text has been provided too
late for any meaningful discussion of its details --, but rather try
to come to agreements on the key aspects that a MoU would have to
cover.

One of these aspects is (III.5 in the framework) the criteria and
process for the certification of at-large structures, which -- as
you know -- varies per geographical region.  Another one is the
process for selecting ALAC members.

In fact, if we can get these two questions sorted out among the
people in the room, tomorrow, then we may have gone a long way
towards establishing a European RALO.

Regards,