[alac-forum] Multiple Domain Name Abuser

Please do not post my email address when posting this
message. . .

What is the procedure for getting many domains
released by a multiple domain name abuser?

It seems that it is in the best monetary interest of
WIPO to arbitrate these separately, but that is what
the abuser is counting on.  If he charges $500 for us
to purchase the domain and you charge $1000 to
arbitrate - what is our incentive to pursue
arbitration, particularly when it is not a deterrent
to his activity?

Originally this abuser was redirecting all of his
registered domains to http://www.abortionismurder.org
(an extremely graphic anti-abortion website).  He is
no longer doing this or is in the process of
transferring his domains and will begin redirecting
again at some point (This month, May 2004, he changed
registrars from www.name-services.com to
www.directnic.com).

Enclosed is all of the research I have done on this
abuser.  Each new section is all capital letters.

He has recently changed most of his registrations to
the following:
  Administrative Contact:
   flynn, mike mikeflynn4567@xxxxxxxxxxx
   425 w 58st.
   new york, NY 10019
   US
   917-251-1853

  Domain servers in listed order:
   NS0.DIRECTNIC.COM 204.251.10.100
   NS1.DIRECTNIC.COM 206.251.177.2

The following research was done in 2002 and some of
this information has changed.  He does not have all
the domains listed.  For example, AOL has obviously
arbitrated and won www.aoltechsupport.com - but this
is because I told them about this.  My path to fight
him so far has been to let organizations with far more
money go after him.

This is a letter containing all of the research I sent
to the FTC July 18th of 2002 - unfortunately it is
considered to be out of their jurisdiction.
LETTER TO THE FTC - JULY 2002

We have reason to believe John Wichmann of the Bronx,
New York, is engaging in anti-abortion terrorism,
identity theft and fraud.  For more information about
John Wichmann please see the attached section
entitled, John Wichmann Information.

The most disturbing domain he has registered is
www.briandeneke.com, the name of a murdered boy.  Here
is a small link concerning his familys response to
this violation:
http://www.punknews.org/article.php?sid=3594

What we believe occurred is John Wichmann, operating
as John Barry, and now "Mike Flynn" registered my
husbands domain and then used internet forwarding,
also known as mirroring, to forward the website to
http://dogs.onlyhere.net which in turn forward to the
disturbingly graphic anti-abortion website
http://www.abortionismurder.org.

It is our opinion that John Wichmann is not after
press for the anti-abortion website  unlike William
Purdy (see attached section entitled William Purdy).
 He is after money and uses the anti-abortion site
outrage his potential victims, gambling that they
would rather pay him $500 - $2500 to transfer the
domain name than pay for legal and arbitration fees.

Although many complaints have been filed against John
Barry with ICANN (The Internet Corporation for
Assigned Names and Numbers, http://www.icann.org)
recommended arbitration organizations (see attached
Approved Providers for Uniform Domain-Name
Dispute-Resolution Policy), the following arbitration
identifies John Wichmann as the real culprit:
http://arbiter.wipo.int/domains/decisions/html/2002/d2002-0120.html

John Barry has also been reviewed numerous times by
two of the ICANN approved arbitration organizations.
He has lost each of these reviews.  Here are the links
to the arbitration results:
http://www.arb-forum.com/domains/decisions/109043.htm
http://www.arb-forum.com/domains/decisions/105210.htm
http://www.arb-forum.com/domains/decisions/105211.htm
http://www.arb-forum.com/domains/decisions/101518.htm
http://arbiter.wipo.int/domains/decisions/html/2002/d2002-0020.html

http://arbiter.wipo.int/domains/decisions/html/2002/d2002-0316.html
http://arbiter.wipo.int/domains/decisions/html/2002/d2002-0005.html
http://arbiter.wipo.int/domains/decisions/html/2002/d2002-0120.html
**Although it may appear that this is still under
arbitration, the domain has been transferred to the
Complainant.

This is the most recent arbitration I can find about
this person and in this one he is listed as his
current alias "Mike Flynn."
http://www.cpradr.org/ICANN/icannDecisionCPR0231-030123.htm

The following links are various links concerning John
Barry:
http://www.twincities.com/mld/pioneerpress/3582110.htm
http://www.wired.com/news/school/0,1383,50749,00.html
http://users.skynet.be/serverspace/FriedKitten/2002_03_01_archive.html
- Under the March 12 entry
http://www.thereporter.com/Current/News/Inside/02/04/dailyinside041602.html
- Under Newspaper hit by Cybersquatter

This is all very similar to the circumstances of John
Zuccarini case initiated by the FTC as you can see
here:  At the request of the Federal Trade Commission,
the court permanently barred the defendant from
diverting or obstructing consumers on the Internet and
from launching Web sites or Web pages that belong to
unrelated third parties. The court also has barred the
defendant from participating in advertising affiliate
programs on the Internet, and has ordered him to give
up more than $1.8 million in ill-gotten gains.
http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2002/05/cupcake.htm

For complete information see attached documents titled
Court Shuts down Cyberscam Permanently, Civil
Action No. 01-CV-4854, and review the FTC website at
http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2002/05/cupcake.htm.

My personal impressions are based upon reading all
arbitration notices and correlating the information:
1) John Barry could be an alias taken from this
article.  Should Cybersquatting be Treated as a
Trademark Violation?
http://speakout.com/activism/issue_briefs/1263b-1.html

2) The real culprit seems to be John Wichmann (and
maybe others) who actually responded to this
arbitration:
http://arbiter.wipo.int/domains/decisions/html/2002/d2002-0120.html

3) John Barry is not after press for the
anti-abortion website.  He is after money and uses the
anti-abortion site to push peoples buttons, gambling
that they would rather pay him $500 - $2500 than pay
for legal and arbitration fees.

5) It is unreasonable to pay for arbitration when many
very similar cases have already been arbitrated with
the same result.  It is irresponsible of the
arbitration organizations and ICANN to let this go on,
basically taking money for performing the same
function over and over rather than resolving the
larger problem.  We are concerned about the inherent
conflict of interest in the arbitration process.
People like John Barry and John Zuccarini have made
the arbitration companies lots of money.

Based on the arbitration information above we have
concluded that there in an inherent conflict of
interest in the arbitration process.  It is
unreasonable to pay for arbitration when many very
similar cases have already been arbitrated with the
same result.  It is irresponsible of the arbitration
organizations and ICANN to let this go on, basically
taking money for performing the same function over and
over rather than resolving the larger problem.  We are
concerned about the inherent conflict of interest in
the arbitration process.  People like John Wichmann
and John Zuccarini (see below) have made the
arbitration companies lots of money.

What follows is a small sample of the fast-growing
list of websites registered by John Wichmann (under
his aliases).

NOTE:  Again, some of this is out of date as he has
lost some of these domains.

www.sanantoniopolicedepartment.com
www.sandiegopolicedepartment.com
www.sanfranciscochamberofcommerce.com
www.sanfranciscocitycollege.com
www.andrewlloydweber.com
www.aoltechsupport.com
www.austinpolicedepartment.com
www.barbrawalters.com
www.barnesandnoblebookstore.com
www.briandeneke.com
www.bringyourdaughtertoworkday.com
www.bureauofalcoholtobaccoandfirearms.com
www.californiadepartmentofcorrections.com
www.huntforredoctober.com
www.unitedstatedepartmentofeducation.com
www.walterdisney.com
www.marthastewartcooking.com
www.olympiccommittee.com
www.aaronburr.com
www.alabamadepartmentofeducation.com
www.albertspeer.com
www.andersonvilleprison.com
www.annekleinwatch.com
www.anthonyperkins.com
www.arizonadepartmentofcorrection.com
www.arizonadepartmentofmotorvehicles.com
www.arkansasgameandfishcommission.com
www.arlingtonstartelegram.com
www.austinindependentschooldistrict.com
www.baileybankandbiddle.com
www.baileybankbiddle.com
www.baldwinwallacecollege.com
www.baltimoremuseumofart.com
www.baltimorewashingtoninternationalairport.com
www.barbarabach.com
www.barnesandnobleonline.com
www.bookertwashington.com
www.brookanddunn.com
www.bureauofjusticestatistics.com
www.bureauofmotorvehicle.com
www.bureauofreclamation.com
www.californiacounty.com
www.californiadepartmentofhealthservices.com
www.californiastateuniversitysacramento.com
www.carrieannemoss.com
www.catonahottinroof.com
www.charlesgoodyear.com
www.charliebrownchristmas.com
www.cheerios.net
www.chicagofieldmuseum.com
www.chicagohospital.com
www.chicagomidwayairport.com
www.chicagoohareairport.com
www.chrisnoth.com
www.christophercolombus.com
www.cincinnatipublicschools.com
www.citycollegeofchicago.com
www.coloradodepartmentofmotorvehicles.com
www.coloradodepartmentoftransportation.com
www.commonwealthofkentucky.com
www.connecticutdepartmentofmotorvehicles.com
www.connieselleca.com
www.dallaschamberofcommerce.com
www.debbiegibson.com
www.denverchamberofcommerce.com
www.departmentofhealthandhumanservices.com
www.dharmaandgreg.com
www.dorlandsmedicaldictionary.com
www.dowjonesindustrialaverage.com
www.edsullivanshow.com
www.edwardsmovietheaters.com
www.floridahighschoolfootball.com
www.gallbladderdisease.com
www.garycoleman.com
www.generalhospitalsoapopera.com
www.georgiahighschoolfootball.com
www.ghostofmississippi.com
www.hechtsdepartmentstore.com
www.highschoolfootballrecruiting.com
www.highschoolfootballscores.com
www.houndofthebaskervilles.com
www.huckleberryhound.com
www.idahodepartmentoflabor.com
www.janeleeves.com
www.janemansfield.com
www.jeffersoncitynewstribune.com
www.jonathanrhysmeyers.com
www.kentuckywildcatbasketball.com
www.kimcatrall.com
www.lesleyannwarren.com
www.lewisandclarkexpedition.com
www.lillianhellman.com
www.losangeleschamberofcommerce.com
www.losangelespolicedepartment.com
www.marieclairemagazine.com
www.marieosmonddoll.com
www.marinecorpsinstitute.com
www.marthastewartchristmas.com
www.marthastewartrecipe.com
www.massachusettsinstituteoftechnology.com
www.mikemeyers.com
www.nationallampoonschristmasvacation.com
www.newyorkcitychamberofcommerce.com
www.newyorkdepartmentofmotorvehicles.com
www.peggyflemming.com
www.peterandthewolf.com
www.philadelphiamuseumofart.com
www.phoenixpolicedepartment.com
www.robertfrostpoetry.com
www.robertmorrisassociates.com
www.samuelcoleridge.com
www.santamonicacitycollege.com
www.sarahvaughn.com
www.seattlepolicedepartment.com
www.stevenhawking.com
www.takeyourdaughtertowork.com
www.texasdepartmentofmotorvehicle.com
www.theuniversityofphoenix.com
www.transunioncreditbureau.com
www.unitedstatecensusbureau.com
www.universityofcaliforniasantacruz.com
www.usdepartmentofhealthandhumanservices.com
www.victornavone.com
www.waltereliasdisney.com

As stated above, we are aware of potentially hundreds
of other websites that have been registered in this
manner were being forwarded to
www.abortionismurder.org.  We are continuing to
research this to provide the most accurate and
complete information.  We would be more than happy to
share our findings with you.

Please help us put a stop to this.

We look forward to the opportunity to discuss this
further

Thank you,

--------------------------
JOHN WICHMANN INFORMATION

John Wichmann
aka John Barry
aka John Simms
aka John McNair
aka John Hutchins
aka Tom Mann
aka Tony Ballucci, ESQ
aka Mike Flynn

Doing business as:
Domains for Sale Inc.
Domain for Sale Inc.
Domains For You
Buy This Domain

Using email addresses:
dom4sale@xxxxxxx
nylegal1@xxxxxxx
maxx1818@xxxxxxx
tomk668@xxxxxxx
mikeflynn4567@xxxxxxxxxxx

Alleged Address of John Barry
5444 Arlington Avenue. g14
Bronx, NY 10471

Alleged Address of John Simms
2465 Palisade Avenue
Bronx, NY 10463

Alleged Address of Toney Ballucci, ESQ.
43 Brewer Street
Bronx, NY 10471

Alleged Address of  Mike Flynn
425 w 58st.
new york, NY 10019
US

JAILED JUROR WANTS 500G FROM JUDGE
New York Post; New York; May 15, 1999; DAREH
GREGORIAN;

Judge Alexander Hunter ordered John Wichmann locked up
last June, after the
juror told the judge he thought he was
"condescending."

Now the Bronx middle-school teacher is returning the
favor - slapping Hunter with
a $500,000 lawsuit for false arrest, "extreme
emotional distress and mental
anguish."

The run-in happened on June 16, when Wichmann, 32, was
a prospective juror in
a buy-and-bust drug case.

--------------------
WILLIAM PURDY

Judge orders alleged cybersquatter to shut down
anti-abortion Web sites
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - A federal judge has ordered a South
St. Paul man to shut down his anti-abortion Web sites
with domain names that are confusingly similar to the
trademarked names of some of the nation's best known
companies.
U.S. District Judge Ann D. Montgomery issued a
temporary restraining order Tuesday against William S.
Purdy Sr. on behalf of McDonald's Corp., PepsiCo Inc.,
Coca-Cola Co., The Washington Post Co. and
Washingtonpost.newsweekInteractive Co.
She ordered Purdy to immediately shut down his Web
sites with the confusing names and transfer their
ownership to the appropriate companies.
Montgomery also ordered Purdy not to create any more
Web sites with names similar to trademarked names
owned by the companies and that don't alert Internet
users to nature of the Web site's content within the
domain name.
Purdy said Tuesday that he'll appeal the injunction.
He said he is buying addresses like
bloodycoca-cola.com or pepsideathmills.com to continue
his anti-abortion protest.
Purdy, who represented himself, argued that the
companies don't like what he has to say and that the
issue is one of free speech. He has said that he
opposes the Post's abortion rights editorial position
and Coke's contributions to Planned Parenthood. He
said it was impossible to criticize a company without
using its name.
Most of the sites, which divert traffic to
anti-abortion Web sites, were set up July 4. The sites
contain disclaimers and graphic images of aborted
fetuses.
Mercury News 7/23/02

Abortionismurder.org replies to Politech with list of
domains
7 Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 15:03:59 -0400
7 To: politech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
7 Subject: FC: Abortionismurder.org replies to
Politech with list of domains
7 From: Declan McCullagh declan@xxxxxxxx
7 Cc: wpurdy@xxxxxxxxx
Previous Politech message:

"Abortionismurder.org buys domains similar in name to
newspapers"
http://www.politechbot.com/p-03763.html

---