[alac-forum] Whois Database

I think it is time for ICANN to recognize the evolution of the Internet. People
don't want their personal information available on the Net. Forcing domain
registrants to publicly post personal information, I can only assume is a carry
over from the days when domain names were registered by institutions.

Frankly, I think it also leaves ICANN open to litigation. Someone gets hurt in
some fashion based upon information taken from whois, and ICANN is the one who
insisted that the information be placed in public view. I am surprised you have
not been sued for this already. You will be.

Bad policy. In fact a reckless policy. One that is chastised on almost every
Internet forum. Time for ICANN to grow with the Internet. The dishonest people
already use fake information. It is the honest people who you are hurting.

The only information that needs to be public is maybe a name and email address.
I hope you change this policy BEFORE is costs to many people, and maybe your
business, to much.