[alac-forum] Support for ICANN's call for Verisign to Suspend Sitefinder

We at eHistory.com find Verisign's sudden and surreptitious hijacking of all non-assigned URL's (ie., Sitefinder) extremely disturbing.   Verisign's unabashed hubris notwithstanding, the drastic interference with long-standing internet functionality is causing our organization a number of problems.   Their recklessness is complicating or subverting everything from a.) methods we've used for controling SPAM emails to b.) functions we as individuals have within our own browsers.

We wholeheartedly support the ICANN At-Large Advisory Committee's recommendation that ICANN take whatever steps are necessary to stop this practice.

I would also like to say, that Russell Lewis's letter seems disingenuous at best.  I find it beyond credibility that "all indications" from VeriSign's self-proclaimed "extensive research" are of benefits to users.  I would like to publicly call VeriSign to publish documentation on all such research.  Furthermore, It is difficult to see how VeriSign is going to "collect and review" data on the service when they are currently not answering their phones.   Finally, Mr. Lewis's suggestion that ICANN's call for a suspension of Sitefinder is premature, seems to be the height of irony given VeriSign's impertinent implementation of the same.

Preston Cheser
eHistory.com