[council] Motion To Approve Clarifying Edits to GNSO Operating Procedures

In my capacity of chair of the OSC, I hereby make the following motion for action in our 23 Nov 09 Council meeting.  Because the link is not yet available for the clean and redline versions of the changes, I attached them to this message.  A second is requested.

Motion To Approve Clarifying Edits to GNSO Operating Procedures

Whereas the GNSO Council approved its new GNSO Operating Procedures during its 28 October 2009 meeting in Seoul;

Whereas the GNSO Council Operations Work Team Chair advised Council members in Seoul of the need to incorporate a number of clarifying edits to the procedures that were not included in the final draft of the procedures adopted by the Council;

Whereas the edits are intended to simply clarify the original procedural language recommended by the Work Team;

Whereas the Work Team has been directed by the Council to continue its work on a second phase of substantive Council procedural recommendations including a further examination of the provisions for voting abstentions;

RESOLVED, the Council accepts the clarifying edits forwarded by the Work Team (insert link here) and looks forward to the subsequent substantive procedural recommendations to be developed by the Work Team. Staff is directed to share the edited procedures with the Board and post both clean and red-lined versions of the procedures on the GNSO Web Page.

Chuck